Accounting for service charges and service charge audit is a complex area that requires technical specialisms and an understanding of the property sector. Transparency and accountability underpins our work.
Who we work with
Our specialist team delivers service charge certifications and audits to a wide range of residential, commercial and mixed developments.
These range from 8 unit properties to mixed use developments containing over 700 units.
We work closely with managing agents and leaseholders alike, delivering an efficient, timely and cost effective service.
We have a seat on the ICAEW service charge accounts steering committee, ensuring we are at the forefront of changes in recommended practice.
We have also acted as expert witness at leasehold valuation tribunals.
This depth of experience means we can add real value to our clients.
How we work
Some of the issues we can help with:
- leaseholders – the right to manage (RTM) process
- freeholders – amenity charges towards the upkeep of common land
- mixed use developments – VAT treatment
Our services include:
- service charge accounts
- service charge certification and audit
- handover reviews on change of managing agents
- AGM attendance and meetings with landlords and agents
- statutory accounts for RTMs
- corporation and trust tax advice and returns
- tax planning for non-service charge income
- annual compliance reports for associations and professional bodies
- advice on acquiring freehold properties
For our interpretation of best practice service charge accounts preparation, download our guide.