Property management and service charge accounting
Accounting for service charges and service charge audit is a complex area that requires technical specialisms and an understanding of the property sector. Transparency and accountability underpins our work.
Our specialist team delivers value-added service charge certifications and audits to a wide range of residential, commercial and mixed developments. These range from eight unit properties to mixed developments containing over 700 units. We work closely with managing agents and leaseholders alike, delivering an efficient, timely and cost-effective service.
We have a seat on the ICAEW service charge accounts steering committee, ensuring we are at the forefront of changes in recommended practice. We have also acted as expert witness at LVT tribunals, highlighting the expertise we have in house.
Our services include:
- Preparation of service charge accounts
- Service charge certification and audit
- Completing handover reviews on change of managing agents
- AGM attendance and meetings with landlords and agents
- Preparation of statutory accounts for RTM’s
- Corporation and trust tax advice and returns
- Tax planning for non-service charge income
- Annual compliance reports for RICs, ARMA and ARLA
- Advice and assistance during the acquisition of freehold properties
For our interpretation of best practice service charge accounts preparation, download our guide.
There’s a better way to manage your finances.